Friday 22 April 2011

Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 9 wickets


Chris Gayle
According to the fresh reports from the IPL 2011 season, Royal Challengers Bangalore team has won the match by 9 wickets with 11 balls still to be bowled against Kolkata Knight Riders Played at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, 22 April 2011 - day/night (20-over match)  .

Chris Gayle smashed an unbeaten century as Royal Challengers Bangalore comfortably beat Kolkata Knight Riders by nine wickets here on Friday.


Chasing a target of 172 runs, Bangalore cruised home in 18.1 overs. Gayle, playing his first IPL match this season, blasted 102 off 55 balls with 10 fours and seven sixes.

Chris Gayle is the obvious Man of the Match. Gayle: "God is good. Good to get a century. Good start. Thanks to all the guys for the support. First time I picked up my bat after the World Cup. Wasn't practising a lot at home.

 I had to get a lot out of my mind, keep my focus right, keep putting pressure for selection. KKR is my old team and I enjoyed getting a 100 at Eden.

When he got that boundary, it was a bit scary, I told him listen you have to block every ball. He came in and took the pressure off me, Dilshan as well. It is an unpredictable wicket, it held on tonight which was good for us.

 The start is key here which we got. I could have batted faster, but I thought I needed an IPL century, I had got out earlier for 90-odd inside 14 overs earlier. I think the crowd enjoyed the big sixes, I get cussed a lot when I don't get them."

Daniel VettoriM: "Probably a must-win game. Outstanding batting from Gayle and Dilshan. If you have a player like Chris, you got to find a way to get him in the XI. We thought the wicket would get better as the game went on, and were proved right. But would have liked to have bowled better."

Gautam Gambhir: "Always felt this was a good total, but could not have done a lot against Gayle's innings. We did a lot of things right today, all credit to Chris, he never allowed us back in to the game. We can take a lot of positives out of this game."

No comments: